Welcome to the group led by Professor Chuan Wang at Washington University in St. Louis!
Our group focuses on materials innovations and the use of additive manufacturing processes for developing large-area and low-cost flexible and stretchable electronic systems.
Recent Group News
- 11/05/2018: Dr. Min Yu and Haochuan Wan’s paper on printed dual-gate TFT for CMOS circuit paper is published online in ACS Nano. Congratulations!
- 08/30/2018: Our new group webpage is now up and running.
- 07/01/2018: Our group has relocated from Michigan State University to Washington University in St. Louis.
Archived Group News
- 03/29/2018: Jinshui Miao has successfully defended his PhD dissertation, and was also selected for the Fitch Beach Award – the most prestigious award in the MSU College of Engineering. Congratulations!
- 01/30/2018: Suoming Zhang successfully defended his PhD dissertation. Congratulations Dr. Zhang!
- 01/15/2018: Congratulations to our Ph.D. student Jinshui Miao for winning the Chinese Government Scholarship for Outstanding Self-financed Students Studying Abroad.
- 11/27/2017: Our PhD students Jinshui Miao and Suoming Zhang will present their work at the MRS Fall meeting in Boston.
- 11/22/2017: Congratulations to Jinshui Miao’s single-pixel black phosphorus infrared imager paper for being published in Small.
- 09/19/2017: Jinshui Miao’s vertical 2D semiconductor heterojunction diode paper is published in ACS Nano.
- 08/16/2017: Welcome our newest member Haochuan Wan and congratulations to Jinshui Miao and Suoming Zhang for being awarded the MSU PhD Degree Completion Fellowship.
- 05/31/2017: Congratulations to Dr. Le Cai for starting his new postdoc position at UCLA!
- 05/17/2017: Jinshui Miao’s paper on study of photothermal effect in 2D black phosphorus flexible photodetector is published online in ACS Nano. Congratulations!
- 05/16/2017: Our collaborative work with Prof. Nelson Sepulveda and Prof. ZL Wang on FENG-based flexible loudspeaker and microphone is published in Nature Communications.
- 05/04/2017: Congratulations to Suoming Zhang for having his papers on printed strain sensor and printed photodetector published in Advanced Electronic Materials and Applied Physics Letters!
- 04/24/2017: Our collaborative work with Nelson Sepulveda on CNT/VO2-based photothermal actuators is published in Science Advances. Congratulations to Tongyu!
- 04/07/2017: Our collaborative work with Zhibin Yu at Florida State University on intrinsically stretchable perovskite LED is published online in Advanced Materials.
- 03/13/2017: Jinshui’s air-stable BP humidity sensor paper is published online in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. Congratulations!
- 02/15/2017: Our work about stretchable integrated circuits is reported by MSU Today and many other media.
- 02/01/2017: Our PhD student Suoming Zhang started his internship at the display group in Apple Inc. Congratulations and enjoy the sunshine in California!
- 11/18/2016: Dr. Cai’s paper on fully-printed intrinsically stretchable TFTs and circuits is accepted for publication in ACS Nano. Congratulations!
- 11/18/2016: The group welcomes four new members Prof. Min Yu, Prof. Lei Zhang, Zhihao Xu and Yiheng Zhang.
- 08/30/2016: Dr. Wang joins the editorial board of Scientific Reports.
- 05/06/2016: Congratulations to the graduation of our undergraduate researchers Tianhang Sun and Qifan Wang. Best of luck to their graduate studies at UIUC and USC!
- 02/09/2016: Dr. Wang was shortlisted for the NanotechnologyYoung Researcher Award 2015.
- 02/04/2016: Jinshui Miao’s paper on black phosphorus Schottky diode is published online in Advanced Electronic Materials. Congratulations!
- 12/08/2015: Dr. Wang is selected as one of the ten 2016 MSU Academy for Global Engagement fellows.
- 12/08/2015: Suoming Zhang’s paper on wavelength-selective carbon nanotube photodetector published in Scientific Reports. Congratulations!
- 08/17/2015: Congratulations to Jinshui Miao’s paper on ultrashort channel black phosphorus field-effect transistors for being published in ACS Nano.
- 08/04/2015: Dr. Le Cai’s paper on fully-printed flexible and foldable integrated circuits is published in Advanced Functional Materials. Congratulations!
- 07/08/2015: Dr. Wang joins the editorial board of Nanoscale Research Letters as an Associate Editor.
- 04/13/2015: Congratulations to our undergraduate researcher, Martin Scherr, for accepting an offer from the EECS Ph.D. program at the University of Michigan!!
- 04/08/2015: Our collaborative work with Nelson Sepulveda on CNT/VO2 photothermal actuator is published in ACS Nano.
- 08/01/2014: The group welcomes its new members: Dr. Le Cai, Dr. Qinqin Wei, Suoming Zhang, and Jinshui Miao.
- 01/07/2014: Our co-authored paper on carbon nanotube photothermal actuators is published in Nature Communications.
- 07/21/2013: Our paper on electronic skin is published in Nature Materials.
- 07/01/2013: Dr. Wang joins the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Michigan State University as an assistant professor.